SEE US AT SCCM – BOOTH 537
An estimated one-third of patients enter the hospital malnourished, and approximately one-third will develop malnutrition during their stay.(1,2) Ultimately, malnutrition is costly, for the hospital’s bottom line and for patient health. It can result in hospitalization costs almost three times as high, and lengths of stay almost three times longer as patients without a malnutrition diagnosis.(1)
With CORTRAK*, you’ll feed critically ill patients faster. CORTRAK* is designed to allow clinicians to confidently place tubes in an optimal feeding position, quickly confirm location, and reduce the time to nutrition delivery.
- Have bedside visualization
- Use real-time feedback to direct tubes to desired feeding placement
- Identify misplaced tubes immediately
- Help minimize complications, such as lung placements
The CORTRAK* Enteral Access System: Confirmation Without Delay.
- Electromagnetic stylet on the tube tip designed to provide real-time location of placement within a patient’s anatomy
- On-screen visualization offers immediate feedback on placement
- Reduce or eliminate the need for x-ray confirmation
Contact your Sales Rep to learn more about how you can fight malnutrition more efficiently and effectively from the start with CORTRAK*!
- Corkins, M. Malnutrition Diagnoses in Hospitalized Patients. Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition. 2013. doi.org/10.1177/0148607113512154. Available at http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0148607113512154
- Tappenden, K. Critical Role of Nutrition in Improving Quality of Care: An Interdisciplinary Call to Action to Address Adult Hospital Malnutrition. Alliance to Advance Patient Nutrition. 2013. 37(4); 482-497. Available at http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/0148607113484066
- Correia, I. Evidence-Based Recommendations for Addressing Malnutrition in Health Care: An Updated Strategy from the feedM.E. Global Study Group. Journal of the American Medical Directors Association. 2014. 15(8); 544-550. Avavilable at https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1525861014003375