AVANOS* ORAL CARE q2 KIT
This Q2 Kit is designed to provide comprehensive oral care over a 24-hour period in accordance with a Q2 protocol. These kits are complete with everything needed to provide comprehensive and consistent oral care, recognized as critical for preventing VAP by such leading healthcare organizations as the CDC1, and AACN2.
This 24-Hour Oral Care Q2 Kit (with AVANOS* Technology) from Avanos Medical is designed to provide comprehensive oral care for a Q2 protocol. These kits are complete with everything needed to provide comprehensive and consistent oral care, recognized as critical for preventing VAP by such leading healthcare organizations as the CDC1, and AACN2. Along with the 24-hour Oral Care Q2 Kit, Avanos Medical is addressing the known risk factors for VAP by offering a complete portfolio of Oral Care Kits, individual components and packs, designed by nurses, for nurses, to support both individual patient needs and hospital oral care protocols.
Q2 KITS INCLUDE
• Innovative Self-Cleaning Covered Yankauer – With AVANOS* technology
• Ergonomically Designed Suction Handle
• Y-Connector for Single Suction Canister Use
• 4 Suction Swab Procedure Packs with mint flavored 1.5% Hydrogen Peroxide and mouth moisturizer
• 2 Toothbrush Procedure Packs with antiplaque solution and mouth moisturizer
• 2 Flexible Suction Catheters (14 Fr)
• 6 Suction Swab Packs with Alcohol-Free Mouthwash and mouth moisturizer
1. CDC. Guidelines for Preventing Healthcare-Associated Pneumonia, 2003. Recommendations of the CDC and the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee. MMWR 2004; 53 (No. RR-3)
2. AACN News Vol. 23 No. 8 Aug 2006
- Color-coded packaging, allowing caregivers to easily identify specific component packs to track oral care compliance
- Individual packs allow caregivers to choose the right tool at the right time, based on patient need and hospital protocol
- Color-coded “Order of Use” guide, printed directly on the kit, takes the guesswork out of oral care, providing easy identification of component packs while promoting proper continuity of care according to protocol
The dimensions and properties listed can vary within pre-established specifications. This page was created using the most recent information. In the interest of continuous improvement, the characteristics of the product may change without prior notice.