Tracheostomy Care at Home
Maintain excellent standard of care at home with BALLARD* Closed Suction Systems
BALLARD* Pediatric Closed Suction Catheters from Avanos Medical were the first on the market more than 30 years ago and have been the industry standard ever since.
The BALLARD* Closed Suction Systems are designed to safely suction patients on mechanical ventilation, while providing protection for both the patient and the caregiver.
Benefits of a BALLARD* Pediatric Closed Suction System
Protects the patient and caregiver
- Reduces potential risk for the spread of infection and contamination entering the airway.
- Protects the caregiver from exposure to patients’ body fluids.
- Simple to attach, suction, clean, and store the catheter.
- Color-coded markings for proper depth suctioning.
- Non-sterile (clean) procedure.
- Reusable up to 24 hours.
Maintains continuum of care
- Same top-quality closed suction system used in the hospital, at home.
- Standardized procedure.
Maintains ventilation for ventilator-assisted patients
- Removes secretions from the airway while maintaining ventilation and oxygen therapy throughout the suctioning procedure.
- BALLARD* Closed Suction Systems are sufficiently covered by Medicare in all states.
- Medicaid coverage of closed suction systems varies by state but coverage is adequate in most states.
- Click here to download a list of the Medicare and Medicaid payment rates for closed suction systems.
Click here to download a copy of our BALLARD* Pediatric Tracheostomy Home Care Guide
Why choose closed suction over open suction?
Watch our video to learn about the benefits of using closed suction systems
Please refer to the product labeling for full instructions and warnings. For specific questions, please contact your physician.