Fill out the form on this page to download the infographic on how you can liberate your patients from the vent sooner.
BALLARD* Restore2 ET tube clearing device, recently acquired from EndoClear has had successful clinical findings. Read Article.
Introducing two new proprietary airway clearing systems
Many patients capable of being weaned from the ventilator may fail their spontaneous breathing trial (SBT) because of increased work of breathing from a narrowed lumen. Routine endotracheal suctioning is unable to remove adherent secretions and biofilm from the walls of the ET tube, resulting in1-2:
- A narrowed airway
- Increased airway resistance
- Increased work of breathing
- Delayed extubation
ETT clearing systems from Avanos restore performance of the endotracheal tube, giving patients an improved opportunity to pass their SBT.4-5
- Clears the ETT of tenacious secretions and biofilm1
- Reduces airway resistance and work of breathing4
- Restores the ETT to optimal weaning conditions1
- Gives patient an improved opportunity to pass their SBT2-4
In a 5-year retrospective observational study of 1320 patients, a facility decreased their duration of MV by an average of up to one day by clearing the ET tube daily prior to SBTs.
By implementing the daily ET tube clearing protocol, the facility saw a decrease in direct cost per case from $13,101 to $12,024 ($1,077±2,784, p<0.15), resulting in a total of $926,838 net benefit.
Watch the video to learn more about the BALLARD* Liberator
- Wicker B., Schofield L., Salem G., A Five Year Study to Evaluate Cleaning Endotracheal Tube Prior to Weaning Trials, AARC Annual Meeting (Indianapolis, IN) October 4-7, 2017
- Schofield L., et. al., Comparison of Two Endotracheal Tube Cleaning Devices in Reducing Airway Resistance for the Mechanically Ventilated Patient, Poster, AARC (Tampa, FL) November 9, 2015.
- Mietto C. et. al., High-Resolution Computer Tomography in Assessing Endotracheal Tube Obstruction, Poster, SCCM Annual Meeting (San Juan, PR) January 19-23, 2013.
- Schofield L., The endOclear® Liberator® Cleaning Device in Decreasing Airway Resistance, AARC Annual Meeting (Indianapolis, IN) October 4-7, 2017.
- Wilson et. al., Increases in Endotracheal Tube Resistance are Unpredictable Relative to Duration of Intubation, Chest, 2009.