Studies have shown that Hospital Acquired Pneumonia (HAP) is the second most common Hospital Associated Infection (HAI) in the U.S.1 Most Non-Vented (NV) HAP infections (70.8%) are acquired outside of the ICU setting; of these, 18.8% require ICU admission.2
Avanos Medical has designed a kit that provides comprehensive oral care for non-vented, or intermittently vented patients that are unable to perform oral care independently.
#970600 (no CHG)
#970160 (with CHG)
Assisted Care 24-Hour Oral Care Kits for non-vented or intermittently vented patients are ready-to-use, simple-to-implement, and easy-to-maintain.
- Designed for nurses, by nurses
- Step-by-step program
- Color Coded “Order of Use Guide”
- Box with easy-to-follow instructions
- Convenient step-by-step training guide
- Live inservicing and education tool
WE PUT IT ALL TOGETHER, SO YOU DON’T HAVE TO.
Fill out the form to contact your Avanos Sales Rep and learn more today.
1. Quinn, et al. “Comprehensive oral care helps prevent hospital-acquired nonventilator pneumonia,”
American Nurse Today, vol. 10 (2015) 18-23.
2. Baker, et al. “Hospital Acquired Pneumonia Prevention Initiative-2: Incidence of non-ventilator
hospital-acquired pneumonia in the United States,” American Journal of Infection Control 46 (2018) 2-7.