Closed Suction Systems
Ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP) is the most common and deadly healthcare-associated infection, affecting up to 28% of ventilated patients. To help protect patients, a closed ventilator circuit is recognized as a best practice.
BALLARD* Turbo-Cleaning Closed Suction System retracts with a unique and isolated turbulent cleaning chamber, making it the only catheter proven to reduce bacterial load on the catheter tip by 89% in a 72-hour period.
The BALLARD* Turbo-Cleaning Closed Suction System Reduces:
- The risk of contamination from outside pathogens
- Colonization within the circuit
- ICU days and associated costs
- Potential exposure to bodily fluids
- Patented “PEEP seal” technology helps reduce PEEP loss and helps prevent inadvertent lavage
- One-way lavage port prevents splash-back, which reduces the risk of cross-contamination
- Dynamic valve technology allows for normal ventilation during catheter cleaning
Contact your sales representative today to learn more about how you can reduce the risk of VAE with the BALLARD* Turbo-cleaning closed suction system.