For patients dealing with serious respiratory conditions, having a base of important information, thought leadership and products that can aid in knowledge, comfort and improved health outcomes is imperative.
Avanos is that platform. Our respiratory products and content can help patients receive the quality care they need whether at home or in the hospital. Working with clinical care clinicians we’ve developed a wide range of important respiratory products designed to help facilitate best practices of respiratory care. With safety, comfort, and convenience a priority for both clinicians and patients, our closed suction systems, endotracheal tubes, oral care solutions and sampling catheters help treat and protect your patients and may help to improve their quality of life.
Our respiratory health solutions include:
- The MICROCUFF* Subglottic Suctioning Adult Endotracheal Tube, which keeps the suction circuit closed to support patient safety measures that are designed to minimize the risk of subjecting patients and healthcare workers to potentially harmful bacteria.
- ETT clearing systems from Avanos restore performance of the endotracheal tube, giving patients an improved opportunity to pass their SBT.2-3
- Oral Care Kits that are easy to use and designed to promote oral care compliance, enabling patients to follow protocol and require less maintenance than previously used suction tools.
- Mini-BAL Sampling Catheter safely samples a patient’s lower respiratory tract secretions, giving physicians the data they need to make an accurate lung infection diagnosis and prescribe targeted antibiotic treatment.1
- Multi-Access Port Closed Suction System with a compact rotating manifold that provides multiple ports to access the patient’s airway without jeopardizing integrity of the closed circuit. A closed circuit helps you protect your patient from cross-contamination and VAP.
The Avanos respiratory medical device solutions provide simplification, clinical benefits and convenience to physicians and patients’ lives and should be considered your one stop for all patients respiratory needs.
Endotracheal Tube Clearing Systems
New Restore2 and Liberator HCS, proprietary airway clearing systems remove tenacious secretions and biofilm, giving patients an improved opportunity to pass their SBT.
Mini-BAL Sampling Catheter
Our Mini-BAL Sampling Catheter safely samples a patient’s lower respiratory tract secretions, giving physicians the data they need to make an accurate lung infection diagnosis and prescribe targeted antibiotic treatment.1
BALLARD* Turbo-Cleaning Closed Suction System
Protecting your Patients from Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia
Getting the pressure right
Three Interventions To Improve Safety Of Neonatal Intubation
Benefits Of Implementing A Pediatric VAP Bundle
Advantages Of Turbo-Cleaning Closed Suction Catheter
8 Tips For Infection Prevention In Ventilated Patients
Train Caregivers In Oral Care After Discharge
Teach Caregivers the Proper Steps for Suctioning at Home
Trach Care for Children
Six Practical Steps That May Improve Billing Efficiency
7 Tips For Successful Endotracheal (ET) Suctioning
Reducing patient stay time in the ICU
Help Patients Recover From Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
Stopping infection in its tracks: Best practices in oral care
Closed suctioning reduces risk of exposure to bodily fluids and outside pathogens
Closed Suction in Respiratory Care
- American Thoracic Society Guidelines for the Management of Adults with Hospital-acquired, Ventilator-associated, and Healthcare-associated Pneumonia. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, V. 171, 388-416 (2005).
- Schofield L., The endOclear® Liberator® Cleaning Device in Decreasing Airway Resistance, AARC Annual Meeting (Indianapolis, IN) October 4-7, 2017.
- Wilson et. al., Increases in Endotracheal Tube Resistance are Unpredictable Relative to Duration of Intubation, Chest, 2009.