Respiratory therapists and nurses understand, perhaps better than anyone, that breath is life. What might seem like a simple process—mechanically helping a patient breathe better through a tube or breathing kit—is a nuanced process with many variables that contribute to successful patient care.
The Avanos Respiratory Health courses cover a wide range of topics, such as the importance of oral hygiene in preventing hospital-acquired pneumonia (HAP) and VAE, to the role of microaspiration in these same conditions.
Clinical experts also offer guidance on getting ahead of and preventing crises and catastrophes associated with ventilator associated events, many of which can be avoided or solved quickly.
No matter which topic brings therapists and nurses to our courses, Avanos is a trusted source of clinical content that can assist them in providing better care to their patients.
- American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC)
- California Board of Registered Nursing (CBRN)
Avanos Respiratory Health courses:
(When selecting a course, please be aware that some courses are accredited only for respiratory therapists, while others for both respiratory therapists and nurses. Please verify the courses accreditation before taking the module)
- Webinars “The Future Growth of the RT Profession” and “Comparing Suction Techniques: Protecting You and Your Patients” (This course is not accredited, for informational purposes only.)
- Strategies to Prevent and Control Multidrug-Resistant Organisms (AARC & CBRN)
- Microaspiration & the Risk of VAP: Endotracheal Tube Considerations (AARC & CBRN)
- Roadmap to HAP and VAP : Neglecting Oral Care (AARC & CBRN)
- When Life-saving Breath Turns Into Catastrophe: A Comprehensive Approach to the Prevention of Ventilator- Associated Events (AARC & CBRN)
- Open and Closed Suctioning in Acute Care Settings (AARC & CBRN)
Click Here to find all of the accredited professional education courses offered by AVANOS.
For more information about all of our Continuing Professional Education offerings, please contact your sales representative.